This is the next post in the SharePoint Business Intelligence Series.
In this post, we’ll look at how to deploy SSRS Reports to a SharePoint Integrated Report Server.
You can find the previous posts here:
1. How to: Load data into SharePoint 2010 using SQL Server Integration Services
2. How to: Integrate SharePoint 2010 and Reporting Services 2008 R2
3. How to: Install PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010
1. We’ll start my making sure Report Server is correctly configured:
2. Open SQL Server Reporting Configuration:
3. Make sure that the Database mode is “integrated”
4.Make sure that the Service Account is correctly configured
5. Take a note of the Report Server Web Service URL:
6. Make sure that the Report Server Mode is “SharePoint Integrated” and that you are using the Service Account(i use admin just for demo purpose, and you should never use domain admin as service account).
7. Now, start the SharePoint Central Administration Web Site and Click on “General Application Settings”, and then Click the link “Reporting Services”
8. Add your Report Server Web Service URL from step 5, and the account used to connect to the reporting server(this account needs to be a member of the administrator group on the report server computer). Click Ok
9. Make sure everything is green and checked!
10. Now we need to add the Report Server Content Types to a SharePoint Library, so go to your SharePoint library and Library settings
11. Click Advanced:
11. Now enable management of content types
12. Add the 3 content types in the list from Report Server Content Types:
11. Start Business Intelligence Developement Studio and choose new project. Choose Report Server Project as type and give it a name.
12. Right Click on Reports and choose “Add New Report”
13. Build your report as you want it and when you are finnished, right click on your solution and choose properties and fill in the values as below(update the servername to match yours). Now deploy your report!
14. You’ll see your report in the library:
15. Click on your report and it will render using SharePoint Integrated Mode!
16. You’ll get a bunch of Report properties if you choose properties from the report in the list