In this post, i will guide you through the new features of Reporting Services aka Power View in SQL 2012. My post also uses Reporting Services in SP integrated mode.
If you need to read about how to install reporting services using sql 2012 then take a look at this post:
How to: Install Reporting Services SharePoint 2010 mode using SQL 2012
Make sure that you created a Reporting Services Service Application In Central Admin before you try this demo:
1. Map the report content type to the library you want to host your reports:
2. Click create a new report data source:
3. Fill in the properties and click ok:
4. Click new document and choose report builder report:
5. Click data source and make sure that the report mappes correctly to the shared data source that you choose in step 3:
6. Browse to the data source:
7. Now click on the report:
And the report renders correctly!
8. Go back to the library and hover over the report and choose “manage data alerts” which is a new feature in SQL 2012:
9. A manage data alert form displays and you can choose how to be alerted. In this case, i choose to be alerted when someone of the salespersons drops below a number of procent in sales and the alert will send me an email of this every day. Save.
10. In the library, i can now go to the alert and choose to run it:
11. Make sure that the last run was successful:
12. In my case, i used a local SMTP to get the email:
13. The email opened in Outlook show which salespersons has a low number of percent of sales profitability!