This post continues the previous post about SP2013:
Install SQL Reporting Services 2012 in SP2013
Install SharePoint 2013 on Windows 2012
SharePoint 2013 architecture Whats New
In this post, i’ll show you how to install and enable PowerPivot in SP2013.
1.Run the SQL Server Installation Wizard
2. Click Installation on the navigation pane to the left.
3. Click New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
4. On the Setup Support Rules, click OK.
5. If you see the Product Key, specify the evaluation edition or enter a product key for a licensed copy of the enterprise edition. Click Next.
6. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms of agreement, and then click Next.
7. The Install Setup Files page will run for several minutes, if you see another Setup Support Rules, review any warnings and click Next.
8. On the Setup Role page, select SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint. This option installs Analysis Services in SharePoint mode.
9. In Feature Selection, a read-only list of the features is displayed for informational purposes. You cannot add or remove items the preselected items for this role. Click Next.
10. Onthe Installation Rules page, review any warnings and click Next.
11. On the Instance Configuration page, a read-only instance name of 'PowerPivot' is displayed for informational purposes. This instance name is required and it cannot be modified. However, you can enter a unique Instance ID to specify a descriptive directory name and registry keys. Click Next.
12.One the Disk Space Requirements page, verify that you have sufficient disk capacity to install the feature and then click Next.
13. On the Server Configuration page, configure all of the services for Automatic Startup Type, and specify the desired domain account and password for SQL Server Analysis Services, (1) in the following diagram.
14. On the Analysis Services Configuration page, click Add Current User to grant your user account administrative permissions. You will need administrative permission to configure the server after Setup is finished. Click Next.
15. On the Error Reporting page, click Next.
16. On the Installation Configuration Rules page, review any warnings and click Next.
17. On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
18. If a Computer Restart Required dialog box is displayed, click OK.
19. When the installation is complete, click Close.
20. Restart the computer.
Verify the SQL Server Installation
Verify that the Analysis Services Service is running.
In Microsoft Windows click Start, click All Programs, and click the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 group.
Click SQL Server Management Studio.
Connect to the Analysis Services instance, for example [your server name]\POWERPIVOT. If you can connect to the instance, you have verified the Service is running.
1. Run the SQL Server 2021 PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 installation:
2. Accept the agreement:
3. Accept the defaults in the feature selection page and click next;
4, Click install;
5. Click finnish:
6. You’ll find the PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 configuration tool on the start meny:
7. Make sure “configure or repare PowerPivot” is selected and click ok
8. Configure the username and password for the PowerPivot Service Application and click verify:
9. Make sure all is good and hit run:
10. When this is finnished, you’ll have a new PowerPivot Service Application in Central Admin:
11. Make sure that the PowerPivot solutions are deployed to all web applications that you need:
12. Next step is to activate the PowerPivot Site Collection Feature:
13. Now you’re able to create a new PowerPivto gallery:
14. Try to upload a PowerPivot file into the PowerPivot Gallery:
15. A PowerPivot file in SharePoint 2013:
You have now successfully installed and enabled PowerPivot in SP2013!
Install SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Features
Install SQL Server BI Features with SharePoint (PowerPivot and Reporting Services)
Install Analysis Services in Tabular Mode